Monday, November 2, 2009

the beauty of the rain

Inside.


I hear the roaring thunder, the whistling wind.
I see the flash of lightning, the swaying of trees.


I close my book. I set it aside.
I walk to the window. I open it wide.


I take a deep breath. I feel the cold air.
I feel the wind blow, and mess my hair.


I feel the raindrops on my fingertips.
I close my eyes.


Outside.


I hear the clattering of roadside trash.
I hear the swishing of car wipers.
I hear the water rushing in drains.
I hear them swooshing in gutters.


I picture the glittering rain under street lamps.
I picture the dancing dry leaves.
I picture the colourful umbrellas.
I picture the crowded pedestrian street.


I open my eyes.
I see into the sky.

I think of Henry and Clare.
I think of Dad.

=)

Images from DeviantArt

No comments: