Saturday, December 5, 2009

SA memories - home dinner

Yesterday, i overheard someone talking on the phone, it was about bringing his family over to a colleague's home for dinner, and i suddenly miss my South Africa days.
We used to do that often at that time too, going over to dad's colleagues' home for dinner.

There was an aunty Raddha's house. She makes delicious agar-agar, it was red in colour.
Then there was an uncle Johnny's house, his sons Edward and Kenneth were friends of my brother and me. But the two dogs they had, they freak me out. Chase me around the house until i broke a glass ornament once.
And my favourite, uncle Manikam / uncle Sham (why do we call him that again?) and aunty Poh's house. They're the best. And the most caring friends to my dad. Their youngest daughter, she's like our big sister. =) Ah i'll always remember aunty Poh when i make rice crispies. Those were the times..

I miss being able to do that. Home dinner over at dad's colleague's house.
Just a sudden urge. It's impossible. =)

No comments: